- To ensure full implementation of the articulated basic education curriculum (pre-school, elementary, secondary & ALS), through localization/ indigenization and innovations in teaching the various subject-areas towards improvement in the quality of learning outcomes.
- To improve the provision and availability of quality learning and teaching resource materials for students and instructional support materials for teachers in the division.
- To conduct research studies and utilize research findings.
- To provide technical assistance to schools in the areas of:
- curriculum implementation
- instructional supervision
- resource generation and social mobilization
- SIP implementation
- To improve access to basic/ functional literacy skills and raise the level of literacy in the deprived, disadvantaged and underserved areas.